Senior Mechanical Building Systems Engineer
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Degree: Degree Preferred
- Professional Engineer License
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- 6-20 years of Mechanical Engineering/Building Systems with experience in the following areas:
- Must have Expert Witness Testimony Abilities & Experience
- Foundation settlement investigations, structural assessments, exterior building façade / envelope evaluations from a swing stage, roof evaluations
- Building system reviews, Site evaluations, sub‐surface investigations, vibration and sound analysis
- Construction site accidents and building egress accident evaluations, construction failures, delays and other issues in construction project schedules, repair protocols, construction project management and design specifications.
- Conduct field investigations and analyze failures involving all types of structures and construction problems including residential, commercial and industrial properties.
- Analyze construction defect issues in buildings and other infrastructure systems and analyze failures in buildings and other infrastructure systems by conducting site visits and applying engineering principles and practices in accordance with codes and industry standards.
- Conduct investigations to determine the cause, origin, and extent failures mechanisms for building and site related issues.
- Ability to support conclusions by expert testimony in legal proceedings.
- Design and optimization of components for building and site systems.
- Perform quality assurance and quality review for deliverables.
- Coordinate with clients on a regular basis and participate in marketing efforts.
- Provide construction management for clients and special inspections for construction projects.
- Prepare reports that document causes of failure, extent of loss, recommended remediation and cost associated with remediation.
- Responsible for retention and development of client relations
- Ability to grow a practice within your area of expertise.
- Deliver professional presentations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.