Job ID: SCPM2-VA
Location: Herndon, VA
Degree: degree required
Salary: $120,000 – $150,000
Join our highly acclaimed construction company and work in culture of openness, respect and excellence. We have a heritage of values that we live everyday as we celebrate satisfied customers.
Senior Project Manager – Commercial Construction / Herndon Virginia
Join our team of collaborative construction professionals and work in an environment of Safety, career growth, respect and satisfied customers.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
An excellent Senior Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- 5+ years of proven experience as construction project manager successfully managing commercial projects from the ground-up to completion.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage
- OSHA 30, CPR certifications along with professional designations (CCM, CEP, PMP, LEED) are a plus
- Proficiency with project management software and estimation software such as Procore or Timberline, etc
- Comprehensive Benefits Program: Health Insurance / STD, LTD, and Life Available / Dental and Vision coverage / Optional Life insurance for spouse available
- 401K with match
- Bonus Eligible
- Vehicle allowance / fuel cards / per diem when applicable
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 8 Holidays / Personal Days
- FSA Plan available
to $150k depending on experience