Quality Assurance & Food Safety Manager
Job ID: qafsCA
Location: Riverside, CA
Degree: degree Required
Salary: $Competitive with Bonus, relocation assistance and excellent benefits.
Join our highly acclaimed construction company and work in culture of openness, respect and excellence. We have a heritage of values that we live everyday as we celebrate satisfied customers.
Provides leadership, direction and management of Quality Assurance and Food Safety at the facility level, with
dotted line reporting to the Director of Operations. Assures that the facility operations are in compliance with
government food safety regulations, Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) requirements, Corporate and customer
requirements. Delivers continuous improvement around Quality and Food Safety. Acts as a subject matter
expert in Quality and Food Safety for the plant.
• Manages the site Quality team, assuring adequate competency and coverage to assure all required
processes are being carried out.
• Facilitates plant management teams in compliance activities around GFSI standards
• Ability to identify opportunities and influence teams to gain support for food safety and quality excellence
• Significant experience collaborating with and influencing cross-functional teams. Track record of
implementing quality and food safety programs within a business.
• Compliance leader capable of diving deep and with exceptional attention to detail. Must have the ability to
successfully visualize and drive end-to-end process requirements and program implementation
• Ability to communicate food safety and quality expectations and requirements with business leaders and all
cross-functional support teams at all levels of the organization. Must have the ability to write well-reasoned
and data-driven reports and corrective/preventive actions.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills required. Crisis events require quick, high-judgment decisions, and the
ability to direct teams to work through difficult challenges.
• Implements operational site programs and processes for receipt, storage, use, transportation, and disposal
of food to assure customer safety.
• Risk assesses operational processes within sites to determine required food safety and compliance
interventions, auditing mechanisms, and regulatory impacts.
• Works with Corporate to provide food safety and compliance direction to Operations, to meet standards
• Reviews policies, standards, and SOPs to provide updates to Corporate. Assists in the development of new
documents. Creates/implements training programs to drive food safety execution at the plant level.
• Leverages technology to manage compliance processes, using data to identify trends and drive food safety
compliance across the operation.
• Creates and monitors business metrics to track compliance and process effectiveness and define cadence of
reporting to facility and stakeholder groups; writes and edits business review documents to update business
stakeholders about the Food Safety and Compliance initiatives and performance of their respective facility.
• Manages the completion of food safety, GFSI and quality audits at site.
• Works with regulatory agencies for site inspections.
• Provides timely communication of issues with direct manager and operations director
• Maintains Master Quality Assurance Calendar and facilitates completion of the included tasks
• 7+ years of experience managing Food Safety and Quality in a large manufacturing environment, preferably
Ready-to-Eat products, as a QA manager, auditor, or similar function
• Successful interaction with federal, state, and local regulators including USDA FSIS
• Experience using and suggesting improvements to food safety and quality technology. ProducePro
experience a plus.
• HACCP and Food Safety Plan development experience
• Sanitation management experience preferred
• Six Sigma experience
• Bachelors’ Degree in Food Technology, Food Science, Microbiology or related field
• Minimum of 3-5 years of increasing responsibility in Quality and Food Safety
• Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certification and basic or advanced HACCP training. Seafood HACCP
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required
to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or
move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FOOD SAFETY & FOOD SECURITY RESPONSIBILITY
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final
product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
• Compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs] • Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness