Plant Maintenance Engineer – USDA (meat)
Job ID: PME1-TX
Location: Dallas, TX
Degree: degree required
Salary: $85,000 – $95,000
Join our highly acclaimed food production company and work in culture of openness, respect and excellence. We have a heritage of values that we live everyday as we celebrate satisfied customers.
Plant Startup in Dallas, TX in the business of manufacturing and supplying unique premium dried pet food ingredients together with extracting feed stocks from biomass for the renewable fuel industry.
This is USDA inspected pork and beef raw ingredients and food processing Manufacturing facility seeking a hands on Plant Engineer to startup new plant located in Dallas, Texas!
The plant will be FSMA compliant utilizing HARPC principles and inspected under GFSI guidelines. This new facility is using primarily stainless steel equipment.
The Plant Engineer is responsible for writing capital projects, managing maintenance in all aspects of equipment maintenance and reliability. This includes researching and implementing methods to increase production and overall product quality through a robust maintenance program. The maintenance department consists of Production maintenance, facilities maintenance, scheduling and parts rooms. Utilize maintenance expertise and managing skills to oversee the Maintenance department personnel by training, directing, coordinating and evaluating maintenance resources and functions including safety, training, housekeeping (5S), employee development and equipment corrective and preventive maintenance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Leadership and management of the Maintenance Department
- Manage/implement CMMS, TPM and SMED programs
- Maintain equipment though established effective preventative maintenance program and problem solving
- Drive and support Continuous Improvement program(s)
- Provide maintenance resources to assist the plant achieve all objectives
- Working closely with the EHS committee, ensuring we maintain a safe working environment and remain compliant with environmental regulations
- Maintain facility/production line conditions in order to meet established GMPs/HAACP and Food Safety Regulations. Establish and maintain departmental SOPs to meet this goal. Ensure processes meet or exceed government requirements under USDA, OSHA, GMP, EPA, etc.
- Monitor production line(s) OEE, while providing continuous improvement and communication to all forepersons and supervisors as necessary
- Manages Maintenance Engineering Department spending. Help prepare and manage capital budgets – track budget accounts for electricity, water, sewer, all R&M equipment, machinery supplies, outside services and maintenance labor.
- Collaborate with Plant Operations Manager and Plant Scheduler(s) to assure production needs and changes can be met
- Directs contractors and project team members and is responsible for implementing programs to ensure the quality of work meets all professional and governmental standards.
- Direct through subordinate supervisors employees engaged in installing and repairing equipment. This includes electricians, mechanical maintenance and other disciplines.
- Inspect completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications and code
Skills, Experience and Education:
- LEAN manufacturing experience desired
- Problem-solving, analytical, and trouble-shooting skills required to resolve manufacturing, procurement and logistics issues
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Minimum Experience Preferred:
- 5 years of hands on experience in maintenance engineering leadership positions
- Experience leading Maintenance and Capital Engineering projects in USDA raw / rendering meat manufacturing plants
- Plant startup or plant expansion experience a plus
- LEAN manufacturing experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Passion to grow your career in maintenance and engineering