Estimator – residential restoration
Location: Antioch, TN
Degree: Degree Preferred
The Estimator is responsible for Estimating & working with the project/field team PM for the completion of all projects awarded from insurance companies and private owners. Xactimate experience is a must.
About the company:
As a restoration & mitigation general contractor in Middle-Tn providing top quality results and elite-attention to detail which is a critical attribute of their company.
They monitor all aspects of a project to ensure that they provide the best service for the job, while staying on schedule and budget.
- Insurance claims / restoration & Xactimate estimating software experience is a must!
- Familiar with other programs (Dash and BuilderTrend) are a plus if you have worked with those as well.
- Review the project and contract documents assisting the Project Manager in preparing the construction scope of work, budget, and schedule, etc
- Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and supervise multiple activities for project, including determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment needs, temporary power sources, and work schedule.
- Coordinate work with different crafts and subcontractors, assuming responsibility for productivity, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project
- Identify project opportunities and assesses project risks
- Gain or assist in obtaining proper construction permits
- Generate qualified subcontractor bidder, and vendor lists as necessary
- Handle project paperwork including permits, contracts, daily production reports, material receipts and delivery packing slips.
- Gain best quality and pricing from subcontractors.
- Interface with owner/client contacts such as project inspectors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, clients, and insurance representatives as needed.
- Monitor projects financial performance versus budgets to ensure profitability
- Maintains communication with clients, and addresses any actions necessary to close out projects satisfactorily
- Ensure proper use of construction management software on all projects. All project documents should be uploaded and maintained
- Maintain awareness of safety rules and procedures among personnel, as well as identify safety hazards and implementing corrective actions
- Must possess a valid, state-issued driver’s license and be insurable with our carrier
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in an estimator capacity of single-family restoration construction
- Ability to read, understand, and implement construction documents
- Ability to calculate correct materials including lumber, roofing, drywall, etc for projects
- Excellent supervisory skills with superintendent and the ability to directly supervise several employees, as well as subcontractors
- Ability to produce quality work in an efficient manner with little supervision in an ever-changing environment
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet-based applications
- Ability to work varying shifts possibly to include Saturdays and Sundays as needed to meet project schedules and demands
- Availability for “on-call” 24 hours a day rotation should project site emergencies arise
- Ability to facilitate some out of town work if the need arises
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be client and safety focused, without exception
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize the importance of multiple tasks
- Must be deadline and detail-oriented
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
Excellent benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid Holidays & Vacation