Assistant Project Manager
Location: Memphis, TN
Degree: Degree Preferred
Salary: $70,000 – $85,000
There is a Great Construction (Assistant Project Manager) opportunity to join a 30 year established General Contractor in Memphis and work on projects throughout the Mid-South. With a solid pipeline of work in TN and across the South East they are one of the most established companies in the area with a reputation and company culture to match! — Want to hear more?
Client Details & Company Culture
This General Contractor was started over 30+ years ago and operates across a multitude of disciplines including: Student Housing, Multifamily Hospitality, Healthcare, Religious, Industrial and Education. market segments The emphasis with this firm is working as a team and getting the job done. Cost Control, Time Management & Superior Quality are what they focus on and what their clients depend on.
They are committed to, and embrace, the concept of inclusion. They work hard to include a diverse mix of subcontractors and material suppliers in the construction of all projects. They strive to exceed defined Small Minority, Women and Historically Underutilized Business project goals for public projects. They are very proud of their history of building up and equipping their small business partners.
They typically work within a local radius of project execution from 60 miles within Memphis, but they also meet client expectations within 13 other states to ensure the highest level of satisfaction with their repeat clientele.
This company values it’s people and treats them very much like family. They participate in multiple team get-togethers throughout the year, contribute & volunteer for local charities and rewards their Team with additional compensation each year as a Thank-You for all the energy & time they know it takes to be a leader in the construction industry!
Assistant Project Manager (or Associate) of New Commercial Construction
As the Assistant Project Manager for this firm, you will be responsible for the following:
• Assist in enforcing project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate and division policy.
• Assist PM with client, A/E and subcontractor communication to facilitate construction activities.
• The Sssistant project manager will assist with monitor/control of construction through coordination with the on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
• Assist with managing financial aspects of contracts including process of pay applications.
• Assist with scheduling of construction activities and updating/maintaining project schedule.
• Assist with new project pursuit and procurement including preparation of RFQ/RFP responses and interviews.
• The Assistant project manager will work with developing estimates.
• Handling submittals and RFI’s for the project.
Individuals interested this role MUST have the following in order to be qualified:
• Experience as the Assistant Project Manager (or Project Engineer) on Multifamily Hospitality OR Student Housing / Healthcare projects at a minimum of 2-6 years
• Experience as the Assistant Project Manager (OR Project Engineer) on construction projects from buy-out through to C/O and management of Superintendents & Subcontractors.
• Familiar with Shop Drawings, Buyout, POs, Change Orders, Create/Update Schedules, Client/Owner & Design coordination as well as other essential PM activities.
• Currently live in Memphis, TN (area -within 40+ mile radius).
• Ability to travel across the South East as required (normally twice a month) to visit projects/clients/etc.
• Strong customer service and communication skills
• Experience in historic adaptive re-use projects desired but not essential