Director of Construction Operations – Construction Restoration
Job ID: 6e81c0c1-68f8-4246-b08e-a1b933c8b512
Location: Nashville, TN
Degree: degree Preferred
The Director of Operations is responsible developing operational strategies, working closely with management to meet their company objectives and will oversee all operations processes to ensure that consistent, efficient workflows are in place, yielding optimal productivity and performance.
This position reports to the President directly and will serve as a member of the executive team.
- Successfully maintain and grow the Company’s gross margin on projects completed & target profitable new-business with client development opportunities.
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which Estimating and Project Management’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Review files weekly to improve estimating and project management results
- Develop and train Project Managers with limited experience
- Manage and maintain strong relationships with customers to resolve quality and timeliness issues.
- Oversee and coordinate Large Loss projects to ensure successful results
- Manage and coordinate the recruitment, on-boarding, and management of subcontractors
- Work with the administrative team to collect payments on projects with outstanding issues
- Analyze data to look at trends and find problems then work with the team and improve the delivery time and quality of work on projects in progress
- Provide outstanding leadership to team members, including opportunities for coaching and development, to maximize work output and work quality
- Project a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in business and finance.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Superior managerial and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive experience with Xactimate or other similar estimating software is necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Construction Management or relevant field.
- Extensive and diversified background with at least 10 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite or related business software.